This week has been a little bit up and down. I’ve been a little bit under the weather which I think is my body winding down a little bit. At the beginning of the week I was finding it hard to maintain motivation, feeling like there were no big events or projects to sink my teeth into, however the nature of Not For Sale means that didn’t last for long! There is always something exciting coming up to get excited about and this week was no exception. I was able to be a fly on the wall for a meeting this week that reignited something in me.Though I’m not able to give any details, I have to say I was struck once again by just how innovative Not For Sale can be in finding creative solutions to complex issues. I love that this incredible group of people are not afraid to take on the big stuff, and in fact seem energized by it.
Apart from this meeting that got me so excited, some other really great stuff happened this week. On Thursday, Kilian attended the SF Appshow http://sfappshow.com/ where the Free2Work Application was featured ans one of the most exciting apps for 2011. This app is incredibly significant as it holds the potential to really change the way consumers shop.It adds a new dimension to smart activism!
Personally, I’ve been working on a number of different things this week. I’ve been sorting through my photos of Peru to give Tini some shots to used in future publications. That has been really fun for me, seeing all my friends faces and remembering the experience.I’ve also continued working on compiling the debriefing info into some kind of format that will make the most of the information. I’m not quite there yet, but it continues to be a fun process.
True to my wanting to make the most of the time I have left here, I explored a little more of the city this week too. It was so nice to just wander the streets a little, and admire the architecture and goings on in every day SF. I will really miss this place when the time comes, but am determined to make the most of every opportunity I have remaining! Thank you once again for your support!
Not For Sale Campaign
- Exciting progress for many of the young women in our #NotForSaleBayArea program! So far this year, one of our train… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- 14 women have gone through #NotForSale's Bay Area job training since January, 2 of whom already have full-time jobs… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- "Trafficking for labour exploitation is on the rise across Europe. In several countries, it has overtaken sexual ex… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Little squares with big impact -- Social good is baked into the DNA of @squareorganics . We're proud to partner wit… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- @FastEddieV @DaveBatstone @zshoesorganic @puregear write firstname.lastname@example.org and he will give you $25 off...i want you to have them..:-) 3 days ago