This week has been a little bit up and down. I’ve been a little bit under the weather which I think is my body winding down a little bit. At the beginning of the week I was finding it hard to maintain motivation, feeling like there were no big events or projects to sink my teeth into, however the nature of Not For Sale means that didn’t last for long! There is always something exciting coming up to get excited about and this week was no exception. I was able to be a fly on the wall for a meeting this week that reignited something in me.Though I’m not able to give any details, I have to say I was struck once again by just how innovative Not For Sale can be in finding creative solutions to complex issues. I love that this incredible group of people are not afraid to take on the big stuff, and in fact seem energized by it.
Apart from this meeting that got me so excited, some other really great stuff happened this week. On Thursday, Kilian attended the SF Appshow http://sfappshow.com/ where the Free2Work Application was featured ans one of the most exciting apps for 2011. This app is incredibly significant as it holds the potential to really change the way consumers shop.It adds a new dimension to smart activism!
Personally, I’ve been working on a number of different things this week. I’ve been sorting through my photos of Peru to give Tini some shots to used in future publications. That has been really fun for me, seeing all my friends faces and remembering the experience.I’ve also continued working on compiling the debriefing info into some kind of format that will make the most of the information. I’m not quite there yet, but it continues to be a fun process.
True to my wanting to make the most of the time I have left here, I explored a little more of the city this week too. It was so nice to just wander the streets a little, and admire the architecture and goings on in every day SF. I will really miss this place when the time comes, but am determined to make the most of every opportunity I have remaining! Thank you once again for your support!
Not For Sale Campaign
- RT @WestmontNews: Westmont alum David Batstone, founder of @NFS, talks about “Charity is Dead: Reinventing Compassion & World Change.” http… 3 days ago
- RT @GrahamCookeBBH: This weekend at #Expectation2017 we raised over $120k for @NFS! If you want to contribute to this BRILLIANT cause, chec… 3 days ago
- We are SO GRATEFUL to you the #Expectation 2017 participants for fueling our #redeeming work in Hanoi/ $10k more 2… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @Amber_1017: @REBBLelixirs liked you before but learning that you partner w @NFS makes me love you! #Breakfast #MondayMotivation #Freedo… 4 days ago
- Count us as totally inspired, @COBURWAS! twitter.com/coburwas/statu… 6 days ago