This week I felt like I answered all of the emails in the world. I am pretty sure that all I did on Monday was file through the horde of emails that I am now responsible for. I have moved into an interim slash new position for the remainder of the Fellowship and what is looking like the rest of the year. As Gabe jokingly phrased, the Fellow of the Academy. In short, the Director of the Academy, Don, recently resigned and I was asked to step up into a version of the position he left. I’m basically coordinating the Academies. Great opportunity, a lot of responsibility, I think a fair bit more work. I’m not complaining. I think I am turning into a pessimistic optimist, erring on the side of caution – a trait I inherited from my Dad. So far so good. Still getting my head around all this new position entails. Flickering between stressed and excited. I think I can, I know I can. If you had asked me 18 weeks ago how I thought the fellowship would span out, I most definitely wouldn’t guessed like this. Mind you, if you asked me October last year when I was at the Global Forum, where I thought I’d be in 7 months, I would probably have told you in Sydney. It’s all kind of crazy. I could guess, but I really have no idea where I will be in another 7, 8, 9 months from now – considering the rate at which things have been changing in my life of late.
I will be working against modern-day slavery, that part I know. I supposed the question is, from where? Sydney or San Francisco? I don’t even know where I want to be. My heart is in Sydney; I miss my city and everyone in it. But I am still young and as long as there are opportunities here I feel like I should continue to jump at them. It’s funny, when your away from home, you idealize it – you remember all the good sides and seem to forget the moments when you wished you could get away. It’s that sweet scent of the other side of the fence. I think that’s at the root of my hesitation, a mild case of home sick. At any rate I am really excited and honored about the opportunities that are in front of me. I look forward to the ups and downs of all that lay ahead. To everyone that helped me get here, my family and friends, thank you all. I miss your faces.
Not For Sale Campaign
- RT @alexandani: @NFS You took the words right out of our mouths! (+) 6 hours ago
- RT @DaveBatstone: @alexandani @NFS The sentiment is mutual @alexandani!!! Our Queen's empowerment bangle with @NFS makes me extremely prou… 9 hours ago
- @alexandani @DaveBatstone Thanks our dear friends @alexandani - could not ask for better partners!! 9 hours ago
- RT @alexandani: @NFS Congratulations on your 2nd restaurant in Amsterdam! So proud of the amazing work you do. xo @DaveBatstone 9 hours ago
- RT @mpalazzi: Dignitá: Eat Well Do Good restaurant Amsterdam ! twitter.com/NFS/status/856… 9 hours ago